For a while, I've wanted this
Out of my chest.
At the end of a long series of rib-crackings
There came a time, one moment, when I knew my choice clearly.
And, as these things require consent, I knew then what would happen.
You were going to do it, break my heart.
And, I wasn't going to stop you. How could I?
It wouldn't have been polite.
Besides, then neither of us would have gotten what we had come for.
What a waste.
Favorite favorites from the year.
- Working on something for a year, needs-another-year.
- And another, It would be a violation to to unfold a cocoon; the creature comes out on its own or not at all.
- The data is compelling. But numbers are bland.
- The risks have been selected. And,
- The narration of these components was reverse-engineered from a set of coordinates with which I have not intersected. Not yet.
- A story requires consent to be told, after all.
- So I endeavor to be gentle, for once.
Concerning Precision not affect,