If You Only Read One Thing:
I found this via Kat @ Rock n' Roll Bride. Never thought I'd be reading an auto-parts blog for advice but I'm happy I did:
"If you stop doing anything, especially because you are afraid whatever you do might be wrong somehow, you might as well just pack it in. You can’t be a creative pro without being a risk-taker. So let go of the fear and just do."
Husting & Insights:
- A GUIDE TO MODERN ETIQUETTE: Feeling like a social luddite? Grace @ Design*Sponge has put together an expansive list of Do's and Don't's with contributions from victoria from SFGirlbyBay, joy of oh joy!, greg from apartment therapy, lucy from the design files, emily henderson, julie of remodelista, tina from swiss miss and erin of design for mankind.
- HATERS GONNA HATE: Do women get more hate on the internet? The Cut blog at New York Magazine
“A woman's opinion is the mini-skirt of the internet...Having one and flaunting it is somehow asking an amorphous mass of almost-entirely male keyboard-bashers to tell you how they'd like to rape, kill and urinate on you.”
I've never been a dude so it's hard to say objectively, but having an opinion and voicing it on the internet as a women has been a little bit of an open invitation for comments about everything from my appearance to my education to my family history...cute. Thoughts?
Sex & Love
- WHAT HUSBANDS REALLY WANT: Hint, abstinence. From retail. (via Dead Cowgirl).
Style, Creative, & Personal
- NAKED in PUBLIC * 8: Badly-behaved dudes, Rihanna & Chris Brown @ the Grammy's, Party and Bullshit.
- The three-part series HOW TO GET YOUR SHIRT BACK is complete. Sort of. You can read Parts ONE, TWO, and THREE. Thoughts?
COMING UP: Weekly STYLE* Post (Mon), VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT GUIDES...FOR ASSHOLES (Tues), 50 STUPID DATE IDEAS (Wed), and a HOW TO with some thoughts about women not being awkward (Thurs).
Now, watch some videos and listen to some music....