Since January is the month of "getting shit together," I have been busy planning an editorial calendar for this here blog as well as working on a few very exciting projects and partnerships for the upcoming months!
BUT, part of the NOT*OTHERWISE 2013 PLAN is to perform. And that means getting articles done as planned. Because I am a hustler and that is what hustlers do.
Look for a post later this evening on the new calendar. For now, enjoy LINKLETTES a weekly roundup of what is sexy:
Hustling & Insights
- Ever since I learned about Shauna Haider of Nubby Twiglet, I've really admired her business sense and design aesthetic. Here is a post from her on her most recent BRAND AUDIT which is a must read for anyone building their brand and business on the web. I love it.
- Don't be a 'career hipster' and fear the up-comers and amateurs in your field. Seth Godin says "Get better instead of getting angry."
- "Accepting the status quo, and worse, getting used to it – is a proven path to stagnation." I am restless and constantly developing new ideas. I guess it makes sense that this Statspotting really spoke to me: "Learn to hate the status quo."
- Speaking of the status quo, our culture is disparaging to anyone who is working outside of it. Molly Crabapple has advice for young artists: "Work hard. Make friends. Don't give up."
Sex & Love
- Fucking Cindy Gallop is my hero. Read her interview with Dazed Magazine.
- This is a GREAT GODDAMN ARTICLE on love and being in it from newly-engaged Emma of A Beautiful Mess: Fall in love, Love deeply.
Style & Personal
- Zena Holloway makes excellent underwater images happen. Reminds me of that time I almost tried out for Cirque d'Soleil. #nowreconsidering.
- Birdie @ Bonne Vie recently celebrated her 30th and I'm feeling inspired by the the Gatsby party theme. Beautiful! Happy Birthday!
- My girl Felicia Sullivan is an eloquent motherfucker. Here she talks about GETTING SURGICAL: "This year we will be surgical. I tell you there’s no other way. Our greatest tool is the scalpel and we’ll need to it excise the unnecessary appendages because we live in a world of barnacles."
- I'll explain more later, but i'm doing a 365 PROJECT in the form of #OOTD shots on my instagram. Here are some shots from the last week:
And because Boston's finest librarian, Kate Procyshyn, asked for it, here's my favorite song from the last week: